Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Apple Cider Vinegar??


Take a bit out of this!
Growing up I was always told an apple a day keeps the doctor away. Now I find it is true with a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar. It is rich in potassium which promotes cell growth, causing it to be coined the “fountain of youth” many years ago. The vinegar also helps cramp and aids in lowering high blood pressure. It was used by the ancient Assyrians to cure earache as well as an antiseptic and disinfectant during the Civil War.

However, when you purchase your vinegar, make sure you purchase it from a health food store, to insure that it is organic. A lot of the vinegar sold in stores have chemicals or are diluted. It is funny how relevant this blog is today, as I went to the health food store today and a woman was purchasing apple cider vinegar. When she was close to the counter the man working there actually commented “ohh I love that stuff, I use it every day”. And she replied, “Yeah, I recently read the book about it; I am a strong believer as well.” So I browsed the store and found the book. If you like to read further the book was simply called Apple Cider Vinegar by Patricia and Paul Bragg.

No comments: